LFS editor of choice should be vi

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Nov 30 21:28:38 PST 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:29:14AM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I like this idea. It reminds me of the zip picker at the DJGPP site. You
> have a form where you answer certain questions regarding your preferences
> and it spits out links to the packages you need to download. Combined with
> a customized LFS book autogenerated from the SGML source based on your
> choices, that would make a really nifty feature. And the book could
> personally address you if you enter your name in the form. That would be a
> great way to emphasize the individuality of LFS.

Have you tried going from DocBook SGML->HTML? even on my new laptop
(Piii 750/128MB) it takes a while (like more then 5min), perhaps on my
main server it would be a little faster, but that's just stupid, this
idea would not work. (at least, it would not be refined as something
like the LFS Book)

This will be done though (i know Myself and Bryan have talked about it
alot, especially after we found out about VA BOSS) with ALFS Profiles,
which would not need even the closest amount of processing power.

Don't let that stop you though, if you think you can do something like
that, by all means, go right ahead, but i can speak for Gerard, in that
he doesn't have the extra time to add to a project like that (apart from
ideas/mailing lists, etc), same goes for me :)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org