486, large disk, lilo

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Oct 1 18:52:01 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 09:49:12AM +0800, ivan wrote:
> when i first run lilo after adding the lfs entry, it complained about the
> cylinders being too high (iirc) ... i have a 2.1GB on an *old* 486SX-25 -
> yes people, the lfs can be compiled on *anything* if you have enough time
> *LOL*

What that's nothing, Ian Chilton has the record right now me thinks...
on this m68k MVME147 (8MB RAM) he compiled everything throw and NFS
mount, IIRC

bintuils: 8 hours
gcc: 29 hours
glibc: 67 hours

Just a small taste... allthough i couldn't tell unless you counted it
*winks*

I'm not much help with old hardware..sorry, hopefully someone else will
respond ;)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org