advice for building lfs-powerpc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 3 10:09:44 PDT 2000

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> For anyone trying to buil a lfs system on your powerpc:  In order to
> get your clock working you will probably have to create two device files.
>
> mknod /dev/rtc c 10 135
> mknod /dev/adb c 56 0
>
> That should do it.
>
> Unless this is something specific to my configuration ( I wouldn't think
> so, but I'm no expert ) maybe this should probably be put in the book.

The PPC section doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. I haven't heard from
Michael Peters who started the PPC section for a long time. So all the
updates I make are only in the Intel section because I can verify those. I
could add the above if you tell me where you think the best place to put
them. I'd imagine right after we execute the MAKEDEV script?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org