Diffutils-2.7

Julio Recalde julio at dk2net.dk
Tue Oct 3 12:04:35 PDT 2000

Hi, I got it all right with bash, but now is diffutils the one with
problems. I got this error trying to compile it:

/usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): warning: common of `re_syntax_options'
overridden by definition
regex.o: warning: defined here
/usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): In function `init_syntax_once':
/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.1/posix/regex.c:180: multiple definition
of `re_max_failures'
regex.o:/lfs/usr/src/diffutils-2.7/regex.c:112: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [diff] Error 1

I'm on a SuSE 6.2 intel system, egcs 2.91.66. I've just skipped that app
for the moment an kept on going with the next ones.
What can I do to succesfully compile?

--

			Julio J. Recalde L.

Lejre, 03/10/00
"...y lo que no duele no sirve." -JR
"...me gusta abrir los ojos y estar vivo, tener que vermelas
con la resaca"-FP
"Pero decia el abuelo que dos diferencias pueden irse formando
dos grandes coincidencias"-RA
"God blesses America, but He lives in Europe"-JR

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org