Diffutils-2.7

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 3 12:17:14 PDT 2000

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Hi, I got it all right with bash, but now is diffutils the one with
> problems. I got this error trying to compile it:
>
> /usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): warning: common of `re_syntax_options'
> overridden by definition
> regex.o: warning: defined here
> /usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): In function `init_syntax_once':
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.1/posix/regex.c:180: multiple definition
> of `re_max_failures'
> regex.o:/lfs/usr/src/diffutils-2.7/regex.c:112: first defined here
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [diff] Error 1
>
> I'm on a SuSE 6.2 intel system, egcs 2.91.66. I've just skipped that app
> for the moment an kept on going with the next ones.
> What can I do to succesfully compile?

Try this:
sed s/re_max_failures/re_max_failures2/ regex.c >regex-new.c
mv regex-new.c regex.c

now compile it again. The CPPFLAGS that's set before you run the configure
script is supposed to do that, but apparently your compiler (actually the C
PreProcessor (cpp) doens't listen to it or somehow bash doesn't pass the
variable properly (it happens very ocasionally).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org