Diffutils-2.7

Julio Recalde julio at dk2net.dk
Tue Oct 3 12:39:59 PDT 2000

> On Tue, 03 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi, I got it all right with bash, but now is diffutils the one with
> > problems. I got this error trying to compile it:
> >
> > /usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): warning: common of `re_syntax_options'
> > overridden by definition
> > regex.o: warning: defined here
> > /usr/lib/libc.a(regex.o): In function `init_syntax_once':
> > /usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.1/posix/regex.c:180: multiple
> definition
> > of `re_max_failures'
> > regex.o:/lfs/usr/src/diffutils-2.7/regex.c:112: first defined here
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [diff] Error 1
> >
> > I'm on a SuSE 6.2 intel system, egcs 2.91.66. I've just skipped that
> app
> > for the moment an kept on going with the next ones.
> > What can I do to succesfully compile?
>
> Try this:
> sed s/re_max_failures/re_max_failures2/ regex.c >regex-new.c
> mv regex-new.c regex.c
>
> now compile it again. The CPPFLAGS that's set before you run the
> configure
> script is supposed to do that, but apparently your compiler (actually the
> PreProcessor (cpp) doens't listen to it or somehow bash doesn't pass the
> variable properly (it happens very ocasionally).

Thanks Gerard, that worked just fine, but actually just after sendig the
help email y deleted diffutils' source dir and unbzipd it again, it
compiled just fine; but just in case after that I tryed your suggestion, it
worked again. Thanks.

--

			Julio J. Recalde L.

Lejre, 03/10/00
"...y lo que no duele no sirve." -JR
"...me gusta abrir los ojos y estar vivo, tener que vermelas
con la resaca"-FP
"Pero decia el abuelo que dos diferencias pueden irse formando
dos grandes coincidencias"-RA
"God blesses America, but He lives in Europe"-JR

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org