problem compiling gcc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 3 13:53:28 PDT 2000

> It's just gcc.
> I tried to load the bziped package from the lfs ftp server and
> it were corrupted.
> perhaps the gziped was corrupted too.

the package is not corrupt to start with - perhaps it's rendered corrupt by
the program you used to download it (if you used an ftp console program, did
you tell the ftp program to download the file as a binary and not as ascii
(which is the default in most cases). If you download the file as an ASCII
file, it will end up being corrupt yes.

I'd say leave gcc the way it is and just go on compiling the other programs
and test if those programs compile fine and most important execute fine. When
you actually reboot into LFS rather than just chroot into it, try recompiling
GCC at that point.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org