make: *** [bootstrap} Error 2

Shaggy Im-erbtham shaggy at loxinfo.co.th
Wed Oct 4 20:41:57 PDT 2000

Thanks, Gerard.

>Try installing gcc-2.95.2 in /usr/local/gcc2952 like the book suggests
>(installing GCC on the normal system)

While waiting for an answer, I went back and did that. Didn't do it the
first time.

Then I went ahead to install gcc on the lfs system as per book instructions.
The computer is still compiling as I write this. I might as well wait to
see what happens.

If that still doesn't work, I do it again you way.

>and use the compiler in
>/usr/local/gcc2952/bin/gcc to compile gcc with.
>
>You can do that by doing the following:
>cd /usr/bin
>mv gcc gcc-old
>mv cc cc-old