/boot partitions

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Oct 6 02:24:30 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 11:49:23AM +0200, Isabel4 sur Doedle wrote:
> I still dont have an experience for LFS - i'm now reading the book and i'll
> try on this WE (begins at 6PM ... héhé ...)

Welcome Aboard ;)

ya know, we should do another poll to see how many ppl have done
LFS, last was what, around 2.3.2?

> But it looks as flexible and it lets you do whatever you want... If you want
> it why not ?

Yup, that's the general idea =)

> They recommend a 750 Mb partition for the whole system, so if it starts at
> the beginning of your disk no problem.
>
> And ... Isn't it the / partition that should end before the cyl. 1024, with
> the /boot directory included in it ? Don't know ...

Well, if you use the new lilo, you shouldn't have any problems...just
don't take my word for it

And use whatever partition format you prefer, i use this;

/dev/hda1 /
/dev/hda2 swap
/dev/hda3 /usr
/dev/hda4 /home
(same goes for SCSI)

I don't like more then four partitions per-drive.

So, it's really up to you... personal preference to the maximum!

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org