/boot partitions

Michael Irving laric at laric.com
Fri Oct 6 04:43:55 PDT 2000

That is not the entire truth.
The machine still has to be able to adress the disk. I've seen machines that
couldn't adress the entire disk no matter what tricks we tried. And making a
small / isn't always as good as root has his homedir on that aswell ( and
according to LSB the /root should reside on the same partition as /) .. I
would rather suggest a small /boot first on the disk if you are experiencing
such problems.