Implied int types

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sat Oct 7 09:48:18 PDT 2000

In compiling various add-on packages for my LFS system, I have run
across several source files where gcc errors out on this type of
statement:

  static <variable-name> = <integer-literal>;

where the proper form is:

  static int <variable-name> = <integer-literal>;

Evidently the first form is accepted by some compilers.  Does anyone
know of a compiler option that will get gcc-2.95.2 to accept it also?
I'm getting tired of patching all this source code.

Thanks.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org