problem in chapter 6: entering chroot'ed environment

Shaggy Im-erbtham shaggy at loxinfo.co.th
Sat Oct 7 12:12:37 PDT 2000

Yes, /etc/group and /etc/passwd were created at the end of chapter 5.

/lfs/etc/group
root:x:0:
bin:x:1:
sys:x:2
kmem:x:3:
tty:x:4
uucp:x:5
daemon:x:6
floppy:x:7
disk:x:8

/lfs/etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

These files seem correct... that is, through my untrained
eyes. Or are they?

Shaggy