problem in chapter 6: entering chroot'ed environment

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Oct 7 18:42:56 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 11:41:41PM +0700, Shaggy Im-erbtham wrote:
> bash-2.04#
>
> This seems strange. Is this inside the chroot'ed environment?
> Here I could not access any other partitions; I had to exit, copied
> the MAKEDEV packaged to $LFS and re-enter to get to the next
> step.

Nope, that's perfectly normal, the point of chroot is to put in y a
'jail' usually used for security (say BIND/Apache/ftp, etc) hence it's
like you rebooted, you just don't get access to the normal stuff.

But just run two terminals (or console) one where your in chroot and
other where you can copy/edit stuff, it's much nicer then when we had to
reboot! =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org