problem in chapter 6: entering chroot'ed environment

Shaggy Im-erbtham shaggy at loxinfo.co.th
Sun Oct 8 01:41:15 PDT 2000

This is my output

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel),11(floppy)

I also went ahead and created /etc/nsswitch.conf in the lfs partition (even
though it
appeared that /etc/group and /etc/passwd **** could **** be found). The
same multiple errors
recurred.

This is a snip from the beginning

create mem    c 1 1 root:kmem 660
chown: root:kmem: invalid user
create kmem    c 1 2 root:kmem 660]
chown: root:kmem: invalid user
create null    c 1 3 root:sys 666
chown: root:sys: invalid user

This is another snip from the middle:

create fd1h1200 b 2 9 root:floppy 660
chown: root:floppy: invalid user

BTW, please look at my /lfs/root/.bash_profile if I didn't replace the xxx
and yyy values
correctly

TERM=linux
CFLAGS="O3 -mcpu=i386 -march=i386"      # that's an alphabet "O" and
numeral "3", right?
CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export TERM CFLAGS CXXFLAGS

Sorry for being a wimp but I'm getting lost in the deep woods.

Shaggy

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org