Debian packages?

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Oct 9 06:44:17 PDT 2000

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > One of the things i've been thinking about asking Gerard is if we could
> > run an software-updated (or whatever you want to call it) mailing list
> > for software that gets updated in the book... would be helpfull (and we
> > can always store the stuff on shadowfax), dunno...
>
> That shouldn't be a big problem. Shadowfax won't have enough room to store it
> all, it will store the packages used in the book, and that's it. Else before
> long the harddisk will be full. But sure you can just provide URL's of
> updated packages so we know about them and download them.
>
> Are there enough people though who would be on that mailinglist if I were to
> set it up.

For just the packages in the book, you can get my Makefile
(http://www.sunsetsystems.com/lfsmake/Makefile) and do
"make checklist.html" the resulting checklist.html is an easy way to
visit all the source directories and see if anything new is there.

It's kinda low-tech but only takes about 10 minutes to go through them
all.

By the way I'll have a bunch of updates to LFSMake very soon.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org