install gcc

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 9 06:45:07 PDT 2000

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Hello!
> My name is Thomas!
> I have a problem with install the GCC-compiler 2.95.2 in the
> chroot-environment. In the documentation stands you must make the directory
> /usr/src/gcc-build.
> But there I have install the gcc before in the chapter: Preparing the LFS
> system for installing basic system software.
> Do I must delete this directory and then create it new?
> Or do I must go in the directory and install the gcc-compiler again?
> If I do that in the chroot environment, I get the error: bootstrap-error.
> I get this error by entry the line: make -e bootstrap.
> Can you help me please?
> It is my first installation of the ownLinux. I must still collect some
> experience in the future of the linux-systems.
> I'm very happy if you can give me a small tip.

Yes, if you read the book closely in chapter 2 you would have seen that it
tells you to remove the source directories after you have installed a
program. That means after you installed the static GCC you have to remove the
gcc-build and gcc-2.95.2 directories (though in this case you could leave
gcc-2.95.2 in place but you must remove gcc-build)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org