commandline-editing

r.floers at web.de r.floers at web.de
Tue Oct 10 08:49:00 PDT 2000

after downloading the linux-intel-2.4-book i now have installed all packages and the system works fine.

there is only one problem i cannot solve:

commandline-editing

when pressing del, pageup or pagedown bash just beeps and prints a tilde (~). but I want it e.g. to delete the letter right of the cursor when I press the del-key.

under editors like joe all that editing functions are working just fine. I've already checked my keymap, /etc/inputrc, /etc/profile and /etc/termcap files and they seem to be ok.
Also I've downloaded readline4-4.1 and installed it as shared and static.

Does anyone know the problem?

Thank you.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org