who installs LFS root/user

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Tue Oct 10 09:08:01 PDT 2000

First thing that comes to my mind:
We normally have umask 022 and our dirs are root.root 755

If I use for example for bash the bash.basesys this means
I better be already bash.basesys when I begin with configure..
just because some make install doing a lot of stuff which will
be a hazard to chown after it is installed.
Means, I must create the complete passwd and group before I do
chroot and begin, that's no problem.

Will it work to chroot and then su to bash having home /src/sources?
And what about the passwords by the way?
And will I be able to install into a 755 dir when I am bash and this
dir is not owned by me?

I still have one partition left for playing and I do not hesitate
trying to get this thing tested - but " in the beginning there was
confusion, then Gerard created LFS ..." (no, I am afraid, that's not
the update of it..)

Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org