Levels of sym links

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 10 13:01:00 PDT 2000

>  Whats wrong? Everything was going so smoothly. How can i fix this? Is
>  that thing with the ginstall normal? Sometimes i jsut edited the makefile
> and
>  changed ginstall  for install and it worked, but don't know what's wrong
>  now.

Can I suggest you reinstalling fileutils and insatll it exactly as the
LFS-2.4 book suggest to and don't use ginstall or anything like that since a
ginstall is not supposed to be present on a system. The name it supposed to
be install.

Try to install it by the book and see what happens then.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org