Levels of sym links

Julio Recalde julio at dk2net.dk
Tue Oct 10 22:15:06 PDT 2000

> Can I suggest you reinstalling fileutils and insatll it exactly as the
> LFS-2.4 book suggest to and don't use ginstall or anything like that
> since a
> ginstall is not supposed to be present on a system. The name it supposed
> be install.
>
> Try to install it by the book and see what happens then.

 While re-contipiling fileutils in my normal system i got the following
error:

/bin/sh: install: command not found
make[1]: *** [install-bin] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.13/insmod'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.13/genksyms'
install -s genksyms /sbin
make[1]: install: Command not found
make[1]: *** [install-bin] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.13/genksyms'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.13/depmod'
install -s depmod /sbin
make[1]: install: Command not found
make[1]: *** [install-bin] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modutils-2.3.13/depmod'
make: *** [install-bin] Error 2

What now? When i got Gerard's suggestiong the logical thing was to
rec-compile the static version and then chroot again and reinstall
everything from there. What shall i do know? Star ALL over again?

--

			Julio J. Recalde L.

Lejre, 11/10/00
"...y lo que no duele no sirve." -JR
"...me gusta abrir los ojos y estar vivo, tener que vermelas
con la resaca"-FP
"Pero decia el abuelo que dos diferencias pueden irse formando
dos grandes coincidencias"-RA
"God blesses America, but He lives in Europe"-JR

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org