commandline-editing

r.floers at web.de r.floers at web.de
Wed Oct 11 08:14:00 PDT 2000

Thank you for the file jerry.

It helps creating a good (german) inputrc.

I already had a /etc/inputrc and now i found the fault.
the problem was that the readline program that i had installed was only looking for a ~./.inputrc and not for /etc/inputrd by default.

you can change that before compiling by editing the file rlconf.h.

btw: i had to edit configuration of the readline that is included in bash-2.04.tar.gz in the same way.
(file is in bash-2.04/libs/readline/, i think :-D )

the bottom line:
readline by default looks for ~./inputrc - not /etc/inputrc.
in order to use a global /etc/inputrc you need to edit the file rlconf.h in the readline directory before compiling.