KDE Headers Inquiry

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 12 04:38:43 PDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Greetings:
> i'm trying to install KDE 1.1.2 and i read the INSTALL on the
> pre-requisites.  i installed the qt-1.42 that it recommended. Then i
> began by unpacking the kdebase package. i ran the ./configure and it ran
> for a while then delineated this message: " in the prefix you've chosen,
> are no KDE headers installed.  Please use another prefix."  Can anyone
> tell me how to do this?   i am running the i386 setup and my compiler is
> gcc 2.95.2 .  i have built my Linux according to the LFS standard....
> Thanks for your consideration....

You have to start with kdelibs first, here's the correct order:

qt
kdesupport
kdelibs
kdebase
<the rest here>

And I agree wiht Rod, wait for KDE2 which will be released on the 16th this
month. Of download the KDE2-RC2 (release candidate). I and quite a few others
have been running KDE2 beta releases for a while now with a lot of satisfying
results.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org