Xfree 3.3.4

Daniel Davis planetes at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 12 09:47:31 PDT 2000

1st, I recommend going to ftp.free86.org and downloading the sources for
version 3.3.6

You need to untar the packages and then inside the directory type:

make World &> error.log

This generates an error.log which you can vi to see if the compile
succeeded.

Afterwards, you just do a make install.

Finally, you need to run xconfigurator (or one of the other setup tools) and
build your XF86Config file.

Also, you'll probably want to download and install KDE or something similar.

Daniel Davis
Web Developer
Bryant Design
daniel at bryantdesign.com