2.4.1-Balu1 pre-chroot (LONG)

Brad Hartin bhartin at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 12:35:50 PDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:

> Okay - forget the prompts, but what about deleting the &&s at the end -
> I am not sure and can not try it at the moment, but I remember having
> cutnpasted multiple lines including returns (this works like typing a
> command if another is not ready yet).

By joining the commands with &&, it will prevent the following commands
from running if the previous command fails.  i.e. if a make fails, it
won't continue with a make install (which would obviously fail as well).

To see this in action, try these two commands:

false && echo 1

(you won't get any output!)

true && echo 1

(you should see the 1 echoed)