2.4.1-Balu1 pre-chroot (LONG)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 12 16:49:24 PDT 2000

> > That's because Debian's texinfo package is hopelessly outdated.
> >
> :( What goes wrong then - the info-pages are not installed?
> :

Yes that for one, but I don't know what is supposed to happen after it ran
makeinfo a couple of times. Perhaps compile more? I can't remember...

> On that Sparc IPC I was playing with (and which is somehow broken at the
> moment - no time to look at it) I had the problem that /dev/stdin did
> not work, don't ask me why, but changing it to - helped. And since the
> man-page says "-" for /dev/stdin I thought we should replace it...

Hmm, then i had better use a dash to make it work on more systems.

> I agree, but then I thought that w3m (and lynx?) does that to avoid the
> sentences being wordwrapped at the end of the line - ASCII-255 is just
> another space-character, which the shell does not like though...

True, that's what it is for too. However I can paste fine from Netscape or
Konqueror without problems. Haven't tried lynx yet, i'll try it for 2.4.3 and
see what happens.

> > > Debugging symbols and compiler optimizations
> > > 	What do I take for Thunderbirds? -mcpu=?
> > > 	The gcc-info pages say that `-march=CPU TYPE' implies `-mcpu=CPU
> > > 	TYPE'. So we don't need -mcpu=?
>
> Do we need -mcpu?

I guess not then (sorry that i missed the question the first time round).

> > Sure, the echo (or cat version) can be added below the contents of the
> > file.
>
> No need to echo then - the file is created with that statement... (and
> no extra writing of the file-content).

With what statement?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org