2.4.1-Balu1 pre-chroot (LONG)

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Thu Oct 12 23:52:50 PDT 2000

+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[13.10.00 01:59]:
> > > That's because Debian's texinfo package is hopelessly outdated.

Just had a look at it, the texinfo-package is not outdated. It is
version 4.0, but there is a install-info inside of package base/dpkg -
perhaps that one is too old...

> > > Sure, the echo (or cat version) can be added below the contents of the
> > > file.
> >
> > No need to echo then - the file is created with that statement... (and
> > no extra writing of the file-content).
>
> With what statement?

Not a statement (gosh I need sleep |-) - forget what I said over
there...

I meant
        cat <<EOF >file
        content
        content
        content
        EOF
creates the file - and you can see the content already, so you don't
have to put it into the book two times...

     Balu
--
"If you don't have a solution, Linux is not your problem..."
uhm - I think I've mixed something up here

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org