before I begin

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Sat Oct 14 02:49:52 PDT 2000

I'm going to build my LFS this weekend but before I begin I have a few
questions.

a) Why is linuxfromscratch.org the download location given for ld.so. Is
that some special version not available elsewhere?

b)  Why should I install with prefix $LFS/usr/ and then manually move
stuff to $LFS/bin, ... ?

c) Do I really need to distinguish between /bin and /usr/bin or can I just
make the latter a symlink to the former (or the other way around). After
all, I don't want a separate /usr partition.

d) Is it important that the kernel is 2.2.16? I have a 2.4.0 lying around
on my disk that I'd like to try out.

e) I'd like to log everything I do. What's the easiest way to do that?

MSB

----
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org