(newbie) glibc-install-question

Lukas Gruber gruber at 3c.via.at
Sat Oct 14 15:17:41 PDT 2000

lfs-book-2.4.2, chapter 5, page 65, "installation of glibc" says:
"unpack glibc-crypt and glibc-linuxthreads in the glibc-2.1.3 directory, not
in /usr/src ..."

but what does that mean? do i have to create
/usr/src/my-lfs-source-files-dir/glibc-2.1.3/ ?
or do i have to unpack glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz2 to /usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/ an then
unpack glibc-crypt
and glibc-linuxthreads IN this directory too? and how would i have to the
use bzcat-command
for this?

please help. this will be my first lfs-system so i want to do everything
right ...
thank you in advance!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org