exportin /usr

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Oct 14 18:19:27 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 03:59:41PM +0100, andru sprott wrote:
> accordin to the sag, the local programs, mount etc., should
> be in /bin or /sbin. configuration files for the local machine
> go to /etc and /var. is this right with the lfs installation? can
> i just simply export /usr on my main machine without any
> conflicts?

Can you do this with Redhat, Mandrake, Debian, Slackware, SuSe,
Calderea, Yellow Dog, Storm, Corel, hrm (running out of names *g*)...?
then i don't see a problem doing it under LFS.

Linux is %99 the same (taken from an LinuxCare quote) and that's true,
under the hood, all the distros share the same libraries and programs
(being general here)

If it's the same archtecture and/or no optimization i don't see how you
could have any problems.

Only one way to find out...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org