[Re: tar]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Sun Oct 15 09:57:12 PDT 2000

I'm using Caldera OpenLinux 2.3.  I'm guessing it doesn't happen on most other
Distro's then?  If it doesn't screw anything up it might be best to go ahead
and change it so that it doesn't confuse anyone.  Oh, here is my readout with
tar --version:

tar (GNU tar) 1.12

Copyright (C) 1988, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

Corey Cox.

Jesse Tie Ten Quee <highos at highos.com> wrote:
Yo,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 10:46:20AM -0600, Corey Cox wrote:
> tar -xvfz filename.tar.gz
>
> for files with .tar.gz extensions.  This gives me an error about z not being
> proper file.  I have to run:

Which distrobution are you using? i've heard this before...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org