[Re: (newbie) creating device-files / installation of makedev PROBLEM ...]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Sun Oct 15 12:57:51 PDT 2000

Actually much earlier in the book (and in previous vesrions) it says to untar
and cd to the directory before running any of the steps in the sections.  It
is a little less clear in this version but it does tell you that all of the
commands need to be run in the untarred directory unless otherwise stated.

Corey Cox.