Patch error

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Sun Oct 15 13:35:25 PDT 2000

+-Harold Noad-(noadie at oxford.net)-[15.10.00 22:24]:
> Larry Coleman wrote:
> >
> > I get the following error when trying to install patch after chrooting.
> >
> > root:/usr/src/lfs/patch-2.5.4$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
> > you must specify one
> > root:/usr/src/lfs/patch-2.5.4$
> >
> > Is there something I'm missing?
>
> You need a link from gcc to cc in /usr/bin

I don't think so - the problem is not that cc is missing, but that the
host-type can not be configured...

After installing glibc you should have a /usr/lib/gcc-lib/* dir which
should be named like i486-suse-linux/ or similar...

If you don't have that glibc was not installed correctly.

     Ba-ndwidth-lu
PS: AFAIK

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org