[RE: lfs on cdrom]

KL Davis info at nanux.com
Tue Oct 17 03:45:23 PDT 2000

Not sure, but I imagine that the original question was more along the lines
of the LFS CD that I was offering for a while?

By that, it is nothing more than a "LiveCD" version of Linux (I used
Slackware) with all of the source tarballs and the LFS book. There is no
difference between doing it this way and the "regular" way (apparent to the
user) other than instead of downloading a source file, you simple copy it
from /cdrom.

The biggest advantage? No need for a Internet connection, everything is
right of the CD... Sort of a Vitual Internet(tm) ; )

Also, there is no need for an installed Linux to build LFS, when you are
done, the only thing on your hdd is LFS!

ANyway, just wanted to clear up what I thought the original question was?

kld

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org