makedev script - up to date?

r.floers at web.de r.floers at web.de
Tue Oct 17 09:50:39 PDT 2000

Hi LFS-MAILINGLIST,

i've just installed my 2nd lfs-system (no problems this time),
and i was not satisfied with the MAKEDEV-scipt.

does lfs still usr MAKEDEV-2.5 (i'm not up to date with lfs books and stuff)

anyway, i've written my own make_device_files script,
it's not intelligent or something like that, but it creates
the needed device files and links (--> documentation of kernel 2.2.14)
please have a look at it (i'm not sure if everything is ok, but my sys
works just fine with the devices created by my script) :-)

cu

RF

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org