lfs on cdrom

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 11:01:28 PDT 2000

> > i've been thinkin that maybe a lfs distro can be made by bungin
> > a basic lfs installation on cdrom and run from the cdrom like rh
> > used to. and run the installation from there.
>
> > Unless I misunderstand (and if I do, forgive me), but putting LFS on a
> > CD-ROM would take some of the 'fun' out of it. Downloading the files,
> > compiling, etc.

Downloading is hardly the fun part and neither is doing the static compile
bootstrapping stuff. I think the LFS CDROM should include the tarballs for
all the packages and the statically compiled executables so that people
can get right to building the real system.

MSB

----
Objectivity is just collective subjectivity.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org