lfs on cdrom

Horton, Robert rhorton at QualityLogic.com
Tue Oct 17 11:08:14 PDT 2000

I did mention that I could see having the tarballs on CD for those amongst
us who do not have a blazing fast net connection. :) I myself think doing
the static build is very informative as well, but that is me. I think it
would be great to have the possibility of having everything on CD if a user
so chose to do it that way. :)

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Benkmann
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Sent: 10/17/00 12:01 PM
Subject: RE: lfs on cdrom

> > i've been thinkin that maybe a lfs distro can be made by bungin
> > a basic lfs installation on cdrom and run from the cdrom like rh
> > used to. and run the installation from there.
>
> > Unless I misunderstand (and if I do, forgive me), but putting LFS on
> > CD-ROM would take some of the 'fun' out of it. Downloading the
files,
> > compiling, etc.

Downloading is hardly the fun part and neither is doing the static
compile
bootstrapping stuff. I think the LFS CDROM should include the tarballs
for
all the packages and the statically compiled executables so that people
can get right to building the real system.

MSB

----
Objectivity is just collective subjectivity.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org