joliet

Ainsley Pereira lfs-discuss at executor.karoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 12:18:14 PDT 2000

In message <003301c033c5$18caed60$2144063e at crysannia>
          "andru sprott" <andru at btinternet.com> wrote:

> how can i enable joliet extensions in fstab? i've enabled joliet
> in the kernal, but when i replace 'auto' with 'joliet' i get a
> 'unknown file system' message or sommat like that. if i specify
> auto, then i don't get to see the long filenames. and i did write
> the cd with joliet enabled.

You should just be able to put iso9660 and it'll use Joliet if the CD in the
drive at the time of mounting uses Joliet.

(My fstab line is:
/dev/cdrom     /cdrom     iso9660 noauto,owner,user,ro 0 0

though sadly since my CD drive is slightly stuffed it doesn't get used often. I
think the line works though:)

~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org