lfs on cdrom

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Oct 17 18:46:32 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:50:03PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> LFS isn't very large. I guess it would be no problem to have one CD that
> contains LFS in all different stages, plain sources, static executables,
> fully configured system.

Oh yes, you betcha.

~80MB source code. (.tar.gz)
~50MB static per-chroot i386 build. (.tar.gz/.tar.bz2, unpacked ~200MB,
stripped)
~50MB dynamic full-LFS i386 build. (.tar.gz/.tar.bz2, unpacked ~200MB,
stripped)

A bootable system with everything need to bootstrip off of to
start LFS is 30MB if that, you could get away with a 1.44MB/1.70MB
floppy image that's compressed from a 4MB.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org