[Re: lfs-hints: root-privileges]

Horton, Robert rhorton at QualityLogic.com
Wed Oct 18 14:30:16 PDT 2000

If you check out http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-hints, it presents
you with a list of all the hints. The titles for the most part are
self-explanatory as to what the hint is actually about. And you don't have
to download it. If you click on it, it will just open it in the browser.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Benkmann
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Sent: 10/18/00 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Re: lfs-hints: root-privileges]

> I haven't been able to find a link to the hints page from the lfs
site.  How
> do I get to it?  Is there a reason that it isn't linked?

Speaking of links to the hints. I think that the book should mention the

hints before starting with the install. I don't know if there are any
hints right now that concern the LFS installation but there might be
hints
that people should read *before* beginning the LFS install, so the book
should tell them to check out the hints before getting started. And
speaking about checking out the hints, is there a short index of the
current hints with small descriptions of what a certain hint is about.
That would be useful so that people don't have to download and read all
of
them just to see which are relevant.

MSB

----