Suggestion for new package

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 20 14:05:12 PDT 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> I have to concur. (Not that my opinion means that much.:)) Which is a
> *very* handy tool imho. BTW...what does the IIRC I always see mean?

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly

Btw, which is a nice package, but you can emulate which very easy with the
bash-builtin command called type.

Most if not all of the times you want to know in what directory an executable
resides that's in your $PATH somewhere.

Run 'type progname' and it wil tell you. It will also tell you if it's an
alias or a function. 'type' knows a few parameters which are documented in
the bash manual page

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org