Key binding info

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at cse.iitd.ernet.in
Sat Oct 21 10:41:51 PDT 2000

I don't know if this is the right place to send this query, but this is
the only linux list that I am subscribed to ...

I use RedHat 6.2 personally (and am considering a switch to LFS - hence
the reason for subscribing to this list).  In it, in normal text mode,
when I 'more' or 'less' a file, I can press the up and down arrows to move
around line by line.  I can also use bk-space in my shell during command
entering.

But, when I fired up kde, and did 'more' in an xterm, I found I couldn't
use the up and down keys.  Backspace still worked.  Stranger still, when I
logged in using kdm, even backspace stopped working.

Could anybody give me some pointers as to why things are so ?  Is it
something to do with the key binding in X (XKB or something) ... I really
don't know where to look for info, and so anything would most certainly
help.

TIA.

Rakhesh

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org