problem compiling bash

ivan ivan at svgalib.org
Mon Oct 23 05:29:58 PDT 2000

hi all :)

i am not able to subscribe to this list because of some sort of mail
delivery problem that gerard told me about that i don't quite understand
but haven't had a chance to pursue yet :) ... if you can help me please
reply directly ... i will post a summary or a full solution as soon as
possible

on to the problem ...

i initiated the compilation of bash strictly according to the latest
version of the book but using the bash source that i downloaded when trying
to install lfs using the 2.4 book ... the version numbers are the same so
i'm assuming the code is actually the same :)

at the end of the compilation i get the following :

        install-info --dir-file=/mnt/lfs/usr/info/dir
/mnt/lfs/usr/info/bash.inf
o; \
else true; fi
install-info: unknown option `--dir-file=/mnt/lfs/usr/info/dir'
usage: install-info [--version] [--help] [--debug] [--maxwidth=nnn]
             [--section regexp title] [--infodir=xxx] [--align=nnn]
             [--calign=nnn] [--quiet] [--menuentry=xxx] [--info-dir=xxx]
             [--keep-old] [--description=xxx] [--test] [--remove] [--]
             filename
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/bash-2.04/doc'
make: [install] Error 2 (ignored)
i486:/mnt/lfs/bin#

is this a problem or can i just carry on anyway ?

even if it isn't a problem that is going to directly affect the operation
of the system, can anybody tell me what the problem is and if there is a
solution ?

thanks and i will try to fix up the mail problem as soon as possible so
that i can once more join in the list discussions :)

ivan.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org