Printer setup..

jerry at assembly.state.ny.us jerry at assembly.state.ny.us
Mon Oct 23 05:39:32 PDT 2000

The LPRng package is lpd compatible+ . This is also what debian and redhat are
moving to for printing. I installed it and it worked fine with my existing
printcap. It also offers a lot more  than lpd as far as security.
I believe  its homepage has now moved to www.tux.org/pub/net/lprng/LPRng.html .

BTW , The single biggest improvement I noticed with my LFS system over
redhat and debian was the quality of printer output on my hp deskjet printer.
This was most likely due to the fact that I installed the latest ghostscript
version instead of the gcc version which all of the distributions use which
is always 1 release back.

Jerry Dinardo

 +-Daniel Davis-(planetes at mediaone.net)-[21.10.00 17:49]:

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org