problem compiling bash

Bosschert, B. (ks) Bas.Bosschert at asz.nl
Mon Oct 23 06:02:41 PDT 2000

Yes I understand your question. Excuse me btw for my really fucked up
quoting.
I'm stuck with Outlook here...
Well, the first time you compile bash, you only compile it, because you need
it
to create an environment wherefrom you can compile the rest of your lfs
distro.
That's why you also compile it static.
The second time you compile bash because you don't want those large static
binaries. So, you compile it dynamically.
You will have a working lfs environment if you don't install the infopages.
It is
just not complete.

Installing install-info in the lfs environment will work I guess...
I, for myself just installed the new install-info in my debian environment,
and yes I fucked up dselect. But that's just because I only use it to
compile lfs in it.