Key binding info

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 23 15:13:52 PDT 2000

> Could anybody give me some pointers as to why things are so ?  Is it
> something to do with the key binding in X (XKB or something) ... I really
> don't know where to look for info, and so anything would most certainly
> help.

To start with, add this to your $HOME/.Xdefaults file:

*VT100.Translations: #override \
              <Key>BackSpace: string(0x7F)\n\
              <Key>Delete:    string(0x08)\n\
              <Key>Home:      string("\033[1~")\n\
              <Key>End:       string("\033[4~")
*ttyModes: erase ^?

That might fix most of the key problems in X

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org