Balu's 2.4.2 post-chroot

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 24 08:22:37 PDT 2000

> This looks to me like it does install many many locales (including the
> ones we need), I think, so localedef should not be necessary, or?
> Localedef-Experts anywhere?

Ok, but how do you tell your system which of the many locale's to use? I
think that's where localedef is for.

> I am not sure, the time command is there, (otherwise I would have seen
> an error), but it does not display the time - perhaps it does not work
> in chroot...

time's a bash built-in. Do you have an actual time binary if so where did it
come form?

> But we should create this dir to make it possible for make to install
> FHS-wise...

Sounds good.

> The hosts-file could be copied - I think it is needed (and we create it
> later anyway) - if we copy it the "non-networking-guys" don't have to
> create it later and the others just have to add a line...

Ok that sounds reasonable. Will do.

> BTW - installation runs like in heaven - thanks for the great work,
> Gerard and the lfs-community...

Indeed, we've come a long way and it's looking good

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org