simultaneous install of packages

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Thu Oct 26 08:00:01 PDT 2000

I guess it depends on the packages...  If you try to install one package
while its dependencies are also in the process of being installed, it
probably would fail.

As for whether or not it would go faster, the only benefit I can see is that
you could just type in all the commands at the start then not worry about it
for the next while.  I highly doubt the compiling itself would go faster,
because as opposed to having package A use 90-100% of the CPU, A would only
use 50% and B would be using the other 50%.  Then there's the issue of both
compiles wanting to use the HD at the same time.