Introductions

Jonathan Eisenstein jeisen at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 27 16:26:20 PDT 2000

Hmm, an introduction... Well, I'm Jon Eisenstein, and I'm a 17 year old
teengeek. I first got on the net in '95 and soon got involved with IRC
and web site design. Within a short amount of time, I was part of a
group that founded the e-zine Internet Exposed, which published one
issue and folded. However, one minor section of the site got mentioned
in a Site-of-the-Day calendar, much to my surprise, as the site was no
longer accessible! After that, I became a Senior Editor at Beyond
Dominia, a Magic: The Gathering magazine, and received a commendation
for a review of a pre-released online game.

At that time, I was also experimenting with MUDs, MUSHes, and MUXes. I
formed two on my own, which, unfortunately, never opened. However, I did
then join a group of people to develop FiranMUX, a new game that still
runs strong, though I have since left.

Okay, so enough making this sound like a resume... I started using Linux
2 years ago with Slackware, dumped it after a few months, and picked up
Debian. I've been using that since, and have learned a little
programming (some C, some Perl, not a whole lot else).

I've gone through many names during my online experience. I've been the
MudMan, Urza, Jon, Jonathan Evans (Evan is my middle name), but I've
pretty much settled on JEisen. Not a totally imaginative name, but hey,
who needs it?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org