Static gcc compile prob

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Fri Oct 27 17:55:44 PDT 2000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> What?!?!? Debian unstable is using glibc 2.1.95...

Probably a move in preperation for the next stable release of glibc
as long as they don't go into freaze with unstable software
the move is understandable.

<rant>
However RedHat is starting to generate a name for themselfs in the
crashy/unstable os area.
I got pissy when Slackware included an alpha version of libc
as an OPTION...
(The way Slackware installs if you don't take the time all the "optional"
software installs by default)
First it's Slackware providing instable libc as an option
the Mandrake.. (need I say more?)
Then RedHat
What next? Alpha Linux.. where everything is Alpha test...

I mean gezz..  It's bad enough Microsoft may be funding Corel...
and finnally it looks like RedHat may not be working with the
community anymore..  for a while people.redhat.com has been missing...
(LFS and FreshMeat are mirroring one program preveously available
from that location)
</rant>

Well thank the gods for LFS...
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org