Static gcc compile prob

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Oct 27 19:23:31 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 05:55:44PM -0700, Jeffery McLean wrote:
> Probably a move in preperation for the next stable release of glibc
> as long as they don't go into freaze with unstable software
> the move is understandable.

Wait a minute, here... just wait a minute, are we talking about the same
project here?

Debian took _forever_ to move to glibc 2.1.3, i seriously hope there not
hoping on using an developers release (or snapshot) of glibc in
there unstable branch, i wonder how they managed to convince everyone on
that ;)

> However RedHat is starting to generate a name for themselfs in the
> crashy/unstable os area.

Oh, about since after 6.0 ;)

> I got pissy when Slackware included an alpha version of libc
> as an OPTION...
> (The way Slackware installs if you don't take the time all the "optional"
> software installs by default)
> First it's Slackware providing instable libc as an option
> the Mandrake.. (need I say more?)
> Then RedHat
> What next? Alpha Linux.. where everything is Alpha test...
>
> I mean gezz..  It's bad enough Microsoft may be funding Corel...
> and finnally it looks like RedHat may not be working with the
> community anymore..

RH stopped working with the community once they hit the IPO, it's been
down hill (actually even before) since then.

As for M$ and Corel... i'm sorry Cowpland left Corel, no matter what
someone will say about it, he did bring Ottawa (really, if you know the
history behind it) to where it is now,  M$ buying into the company
now, this doesn't surpise me, too bad Inprise and Corel didn't
merged, they could have had some serious potentional.

Corel was fucked wayyyy before they got involved with Linux, some would
say getting involved with Linux actually has saved the company so far,

Mmm..Netwinders, Wordperfect, Corel Linux, etc

> Well thank the gods for LFS...

Nah, thx the gods we have the source code, as that matters more, LFS would
not exists if we didn't have the source... =)

Dunno... Bryan pointed out a Gratefull Dead song not too long ago, really
described how the Distro's are going today, just a shame.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org